A brand’s place is in the digital
A brand’s migration to digital platforms is a process that requires some steps to follow to obtain the best results. These include the definition of a concept, constant content planning, and monitoring of the results (and subsequent adaptation).
Starting with the concept, this is the communication’s motto. It’s important to define a communication concept based on an attribute or benefit of the product or service. This should reflect the brand values and be broad enough so that it doesn’t run out quickly, multiplying it across the various platforms.
After deciding the communication concept, it is necessary to analyze in which digital platforms the brand wants to be present. On one hand, it’s very important to consider a digital purchasing platform, such as a website, where the consumer can acquire more information and proceed with the purchase or contact. On the other hand, you must resort to social media networks that form direct and more informal contact with the customer, working the relationship with the brand in a subtle way.
Regarding communication on the various platforms, it should be understood what tone to adopt, to better mirror the audience in each of them, while remaining faithful to the concept of communication. Communication must be constant and cohesive, to foster trust and credibility with followers.
When deciding within the multiple social platforms, we suggest:
· Instagram and Facebook are best to create awareness, especially when posting lighter and more interactive content, with a lighter tone;
· When it comes to a more professional and serious approach, the best social media platform to use is LinkedIn, since it’s focused on professional networking. It’s important to create relevant and consistent content;
· Twitter can be used to reach a larger audience by interacting with trending topics and bigger profiles and the communication tone can vary depending on the brand’s objective with the platform. If they intend to connect to a younger audience and be on-trend, it’s best to be on top of trendy topics and moments and apply them to the communication. On the other hand, if the goal is to make valuable connections and sell their expertise, it’s best to create regular content, offer information, and interact with strategic profiles;
· A blog is a good social media platform to communicate the brand’s expertise and knowledge, by creating opinion articles, success stories, partner’s accomplishments etc;
· Lastly, TikTok is the new trendy platform, designed to create quick, lighter, and fun content, to reach a larger and younger audience.
By betting on relevant and consistent content, a community of followers is created, whose interaction, interest, and loyalty must be preserved. These are built by investing in content that promotes interaction and providing a product or service that meets the needs it promises.
Finally, constant monitoring is necessary, which allows the brand to understand what meets the goals and what needs to be optimized, analyzing metrics such as reach, interaction rate, and page growth.
There is no perfect formula, so it is necessary to adapt the strategy to certain needs and goals, to create a relevant digital footprint.